Wednesday, April 29, 2009
CUSTARD APPLE PIE
Salam seme..yahuuu..arini dah tertunailah keinginan nak makan apple pie yg dok nmpak berkali2 kt umah alongroz tu! memang yummyyy..sesangat!! my hubby pun suka kemain..
thanx a lot along for this delicious recipe..pasni mesti nak wat lagi!! resipi i cnp je dr umah along ek..cayaaang along!!
RESIPI CUSTARD APPLE PIE
resipi asal - alongroz
sumber - inahar's cooking time
125g cold Butter
3 tbsp Castor Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1-3 tbsp Water
1. Mix the first three ingredients using cut & mix method to produce breadcrumbs like. You can use food processor or do it manually using blunt dinner knife to do so. Make sure you do this quickly before butter is melt to ensure crispy pastry. Don't worry if there are butter bits, you must not knead before adding egg & water.
2. Add in egg yolk & mix with finger and if a dough is not formed, add water a tbsp at a time until a ball of dough is formed.
3. Chill it for 20 minutes and then line the pie tin.
6-8 Red Apples (depending on the size of the apples & size of your tin)- i used green apple
1-2 tbsp Sugar for sprinkling
½ cup Caster Sugar
1 tin (170ml) Nestle Cream - i replaced with f&N evaporated creamer! (xtau nk cari nestle cream kat mana..hehe!
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Peel, halved, cored and sliced apples 3/4 through - see the picture above.
Arrange apples onto the prepared pastry base.
Sprinkle sugar & bake 200C for 20 minutes.
2. Beat eggs and sugar until well mixed.
Add in cream and beat to just mix.
Add in vanilla essence.
Pour onto baked apples.
Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until custard is set.(i had to bake for 30 minute maybe dt my oven)
Cool & chill.
3. Produce one 10-11 inch diameter pie.